As I mentioned in another blog post a couple of days ago, there’s some really famous acts who play corporate functions and weddings. But their rates have gone up over the years.
According to a News Corporation report last year, Elton John serenaded 400 guests to celebrate the marriage of Rush Limbaugh to Kathryn Rogers in the Ponce de Leon ballroom of Florida’s fabled Breakers hotel in Palm Beach. Sir Elton’s fee was apparently $1 million. Now that pays for a lot of nappies. However, the kind dad actually donates all earnings from private concerts to his charity, the Elton John AIDS Foundation, rather than pocket the huge sums. That’s very honorable.
I also read in the New Zealand Herald that the worlds most expensive performers at corporate functions and weddings, according to a poll commissioned by Living TV are as follows:
1. The Rolling Stones – up to £5 million
2. Sir Elton John – up to £2 million
– Kylie Minogue – up to £2 million
4. Christina Aguilera – up to £1.5 million
5. George Michael – £1.3 million
6. Amy Winehouse – £1 million
– Sir Paul McCartney – £1 million
– Leona Lewis – £1 million
– Jennifer Lopez – £1 million
10. Barry Manilow – £750,000
11. Rod Stewart – £600,000
12. Duran Duran – £500,000